Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday's food for thought

Never alone
By: Hilary Weeks

Why did this happen
Do you know what’s happened to me
And heaven were you watching
Were you watching over me
Cause the way I’ve been feeling
Well I’m feeling so alone
So if you hear this prayer
And if I’m not alone
I need to know
I need to know you’re there

I need something to hold on to
I need someone who will care
Carry me home
And Carry me through somehow
Make sense of this pain
And show me the way
Cause when the darkness comes I’m a prisoner to my fears
Although I’m listening, the doubt is all I hear
But then I reach for your hand
And feel you reaching back
And the light returns
And I begin
I begin to understand

My soul can feel the mercy
And the love in your flesh
And when I let go
And turn all the hurt and sorrow over to you
The burden is light
And trusting I find
Though the storms roll in and the winds of change may blow
I know you let them come so that I can learn and grow
And when I reach for your hand,
I feel you reaching back
And that’s how I know
I am never alone

1 comment:

Janet said...

Hillary Weeks is amazing! I went to a fireside that she did once with Rory and now some of her songs are some of our favorites :)