Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Happiness

Where do you find happiness?
Where have you searched for happiness?
Well, I have searched many places for things that will make me happy and the only place I have found real and lasting happiness is in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You can think you are happy outside of the Gospel, but once you lose the companionship of one who eternally loves you and will eternally be there for you, you search for happiness in other places. You end up on a long journey looking, and searching, and looking some more for happiness that will not be found unless you turn to Jesus Christ. I experienced this turning towards my Savior and Heavenly Father just today and the overwhelming feeling of Joy and Happiness I have felt and continue to feel is indescribable. I have no words. But I do know that God is there, and he wants me to be happy. He wants what is best for me. He wants to show His love but he cannot go against our agency if we are choosing to turn away from His love. Turn to Him and see what happens. Let go of bitterness, and turn towards Him. It is a wonderful experience. 

No comments: