Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goals as a teacher

"I am definitely an interesting character and have many unique qualities about me. I love singing and any form of music. Music is a huge part of my life. I sing a lot. I may not have an amazing voice, but I sing to express not to impress. I love nature. It amazes me to just look around and see how amazing our surroundings are. During my free time, I try to take it all in. I also enjoy dancing with blasting music in depths of my bedroom while no one is watching. I love being me because I know I'm the only one that can be me.

I remember always getting the best teachers in elementary school. I loved my teachers and looked up to them. They were my heroes and I wanted to be just like them. I didn't realize that I wanted to be a teacher until my senior year of high school. I wanted to be a math teacher. But then I realized that teaching math just wasn't for me. I wanted to be a teacher, but I also wanted to change lives. I wanted to use my strengths to help others. That's when I decided to be an elementary teacher. I had teachers that changed my life and I knew I could do the same for others. I love children and have loved them my whole life. I love watching them learn and grow and discover new things.

My goal as a teacher is to create an environment for learning and discovering. An environment where students will feel safe expressing themselves. I want students to love learning. I want them to have the same elementary experience I had. Elementary school was the best and maybe that's why I am gravitating back towards it. I am excited to discover more about me as I prepare to become a teacher."

No comments: