Sunday, December 5, 2010

Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, Other times there were one set of footprints.


This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat I could see only one set of footprints


So I said to the Lord, "you promised me, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most you have not been there for me?"


The Lord replied, "The time when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you."

I love this poem. It is always during the hardest times this poem means the most to me! It is at times like this when I am so grateful that the Lord can carry me. I wouldn't be able to make it walking on my own, or even with Him just by my side. I am glad He is willing to carry me! I don't know what I would do without the Lord. He is my best friend. He is what gives me hope to get out of bed and face each and everyday as a new beginning. I know that my Savior loves me. I want to do all that I can to show my love to Him. But I can only do that one step at a time.

No comments: