Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else." ~Judy Garland



I have been thinking about this quote a lot lately. I am the type of person that looks at others and wants to be them; not just like them, but to be them. Sometimes I don't like myself. I look at who I am and don't like it. I get jealous of other people and what they have, and who they are. I feel like the person I am can't do anything right. That is why I want to be someone else. I began thinking about how much I do compare myself to others. When I begin to feel discouraged with myself, it's usually because I am looking at what someone else has, that I don't.

But I am learning that I can't be someone else. The only person I can be is me. Each and every one of us have our own gifts and talents in life that God has blessed us with. We need to spend more time thanking Him for those gifts and talents than we do comparing what we don't have to those around us.

I have my own journey through this life to learn and grow. Life can be difficult, but I think of everything I have. I am a very blessed girl! I have been born into the Gospel. I have knowledge that people are longing for, even though they may not know it. I know my Heavenly Father loves me. This love is what keeps me going. I am a daughter of a King. When I remember who I am, life is so much easier. Well, if not easier, it has so much more purpose. I want to please my Father in Heaven. The only way I can do this is by being who He has made me to be. Me. I need to be true to who I am. A Daughter of a Heavenly King

No comments: