Sunday, June 30, 2013

People

I love people! I am one who enjoys sitting and watching people do every day things. I enjoy seeing people's differences and respecting them for their differences. 

What attracts you towards people?
Is it their....
LOOKS?
WEALTH?
SIMILARITIES?
SMILE?
ATTITUDE?

I feel like, as human beings, we are afraid of people who are different than us. Different whether it be by religion, by looks, by social status, etc. We need to remember that we are all human beings on a journey. We need to help each other as we journey through life together. I feel like we are being robbed when we avoid people that are different from us. We can learn so much from people who have come from many different areas of life. Sometimes I forget how grateful I should be for the things I have and am bitter for what I don't have, and then I meet a person like this...(Or see a video)


It is inspiring to me to see how someone can make so much out of their life when they are missing something that I take for granted every day of my life. 

Working with disabled adults has helped me to be more grateful for what I have. I have been reminded many times not to take for granted the life I have been given. We all have things we wish we could have, but wishing generally gets us no where. It takes our focus away from what he have been blessed with and has us focusing on what we cannot have. Our experiences, the things we have and don't have, are all things to shape us into someone better. 

Be Grateful For YOU and for what YOU can do NOW!!!

No comments: