Sunday, April 14, 2013

Birthday


Sometimes birthdays are just a day that make you feel forgotten and unimportant. I find it kind of sad what this world is coming to. All this technology and such is making us anti-social. I find it sad that writing happy birthday on the wall of facebook is some people see as being sufficient towards wishing someone a happy birthday after being reminded of someones birthday. The only "Happy Birthday" I heard today came from my parents and my little brother. 

Today I felt forgotten and unimportant. Nothing special happened today. It was a totally normal day until I was reminded that I am not forgotten. That there is someone who wanted to make my birthday special; and not just my birthday, but everyday. My Heavenly Father has not forgotten me. He let me know today that I am special. He let me know that I am loved and that he knows what I want. He gave me a beautiful sunny day with clear blue skies, and so much beauty to look at (which is all I could ask for on my birthday). I also taught the lesson in Relief Society today and was reminded over and over again of how much my Heavenly Father and Savior love me. The lesson went as good as it could have gone. It was one of the best lessons I have ever taught, but not because of me. It was because of the Savior and the power of his spirit. It was because of the power his spirit brought to those who were in tune. 

I don't write this so you will feel bad for me. 
I have learned a lot today, and that, I am eternally grateful for. 

No comments: