Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Be Grateful!


"Let us be grateful to people who make us
 happy; they are  the charming gardeners who
make our souls blossom." 
-Marcel Proust

I am SO eternally grateful for the people in my life who keep me going everyday, who believe in me and help me achieve excellence. I am grateful for the people that inspire me to be better and to do good in the world! I am grateful for those of you who have pulled me out of darkness and helped me to see the light. My soul has only blossomed because of those of you who have made an effort to be my friend. You make me happy!


"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled 
by a spark from another person. Each of us has
cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have
 lighted the flame within us." 
-Albert Schweitzer 

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our
 hearts are conscious of our treasures." 
- Thornton Wilder

I have so many treasures! I am so grateful to be alive and to have all the blessings I have in my life! I am grateful for the knowledge I have, for the talents and abilities I have, and for the memories I have that I can call my treasures!

"As we express our gratitude, we must 
never forget that the highest appreciation is not to
utter words, but to live by them."
- John F. Kennedy 

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If
 you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, 
ever have enough."

-- Oprah Winfrey

I am so grateful for all I have! I cannot focus on what I don't have because then I lose sight of all the amazing things I am so lucky to have. I am so blessed! 

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which 
he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."
- Epictetus

If you are having a hard time being grateful, think of when you had it worse. Think of just one thing you are grateful for, one thing you cannot live without. There is always something to be grateful for! I am most grateful to be me! No one can be me but ME! So, be grateful for yourself, you are the only person that can be the best you!

No comments: